Friday, November 14, 2014

Bliss Bites

I'm sure this is the hundredth post/recipe you have seen about these beauties but I made a fresh batch today and they needed to be shared.


Firstly, I start with a base. This usually consists of pitted dates and dried apricots but this could vary between any dried fruits. I chop and microwave the base fruits with some water to soften them so they are easier to blend. I also add into the dried fruit mix some vanilla essence, peanut butter, tahini and water. These are just to help bind the bites more and add more flavour, but can be substituted for whatever you prefer.





After the base is microwaved for around 30 seconds, I take it out and then move on to the nutty side of the ingredients. Anything can be used here, whatever you like but I use walnuts, pistachios, sesame seeds and sunflower kernels. 






Add these to the food processor, I then added some chia seeds and cinnamon.






Blend these together, then add the base and blend again.









I then roll them into little bite-sized balls and for the purpose of the blog post I rolled them in LSA mix.






It's best to put them in the fridge or freezer so they harden and then enjoy! 











love S xx












2 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I've got to give them a try
    xxx
    www.insidein-insideout.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so good to have made up and ready to eat! xx

      Delete